Thursday 30 September 2010

Professional Profile



I have been working professionally in the musical theatre industry for 6 years. My credits include ensemble and understudy Billy/Stan/Jordan in Dirty Dancing, West end; Swing and assistant dance captain on We will rock you, West end; ensemble in Gaddafi with the English national opera, London Coliseum; and swing in the original German cast of We will rock you.

I trained at London Studio Centre where I gained my DipHe Theatre dance. During my professional training I developed skills in all areas of theatre and performance including stage fighting, singing, acting and all aspects of dance. Since leaving London Studio Centre I have been lucky enough to perform all over the world including television shows, stadium tours and corporate events. I also teach west end workshops for Pineapple performing arts and at many other theatre schools up and down the country.

As my career develops I hope to move onto performing more principal roles in musical theatre and then eventually moving behind the curtain, where I am interested in using the skills and knowledge I have gained as a performer, in the management and production side of the theatre industry.







1 comment:

  1. Hi Sandy

    I have recently posted my CV/Profile on my blog, and thought I would have a look at other Profiles/CVs to get an insight in to what makes a good profile for readers.

    I really like your format, reading different blogs I have seen many different formats, those in the style of a CV and those with more of a writing format. The part that stands out for me on your profile is the Hyperlinks which gives the reader a chance to look more in to your performance history and allows them to see what styles of shows you have been involved in (if they are unaware of the show etc). I feel this is a really effective part to your profile.

    After reading other profiles I am in the process of writing a second profile in which I feel I will give the Hyperlinks a go (if I can work out how to!!) and include them in my profile! I hope over the next week, if you get chance you can look at my profile and let me know what you think!?

    ReplyDelete